analytics

19 Sept 2011

Snacking With Walkers Sunbites!

Snacking has to be one of my favourite pass times!  You already know how much I love crisps and other savoury snacks from previous reviews.  New Walkers Sunbites are not like crisps made with potato, they are made with wholegrain so they must be good for you!  Each bag contains 156 whole grains giving them a delightfully crunchy and light texture.  The delicious natural flavours have been cleverly blended with the 3 different types of grain and have no artificial colours, flavour or preservatives.  They also contain a massive 30% less fat than normal potato crisps.  I received a package containing all five flavours, Sun Ripened Sweet Chilli, Sour Cream and Cracked Black Pepper, Lightly Sea Salted, Oven Roasted Onion and Rosemary and Cheddar with Caramelised Onion.  You know I ate all five bags in one sitting, I'm not greedy, I just love to snack!
I did ip-dip to decide which bag was going to be devoured first. The Sun Ripened Sweet Chilli were to be first!  They looked nice when I opened the bag and they tasted even better a really nice kick of chilli heat with an excellent sweetness to them in every mouthful.  I love chilli and I can hack the heat so I was slightly disappointed that they were not quite as firey as some other Walkers varieties but they were still outstanding.  

Lightly Sea Salted were next up, these tasted nice but unfortunately there were not enough in the bag!  The salt and wholegrain flavour combination was rather yummy though.  As you already know salted crisps are my favourite and I have to say that they were not as salty as original Walkers Ready Salted which was a bit of a shame but they were still good.

The Onion and Rosemary came after that.  I did not really like these much, the onion was rather strong and the rosemary wasn't really there for me but as I got to the bottom of the bag the flavour intensified so it evened the flavour out in the end.

Cheddar and Caramelised Onion were next in my scoff pile.  They were AMAZING! Super cheesey flavour but they didn't have an overpowering onion flavour to them.  Nothing like ordinary cheese and onion but moreish all the same.

The Sour Cream and Cracked Black Pepper were the ones I was not too sure about, it reminded me of a bad carbonara from an awful takeaway, they were like cheap soft cheese with a LOAD of black pepper. I'll stick to the ones from my local Polish Supermarket, they are delicious, even if I don't have a clue what the label says!

So the new Sunbites range from Walkers has tickled my tastebuds! They taste good, they are better for you than a normal potato crisp and they come in some fun new flavours that someone should have thought up long ago.  I want some more now!

You can bag a free bag of Walkers Sunbites over at their Facebook page




I received all 5 bags of Sunbites for free for this review

3 comments:

bloomers said...

Well if they are crisps that are good for me then I suppose I will have to try them, lol

mummy24 said...

the sweet chili ones sound nice!

JaneMorfett said...

Cheddar and Caramelised Onion sounds the best. Love healthier snacks to try!

copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...