analytics

27 Jul 2011

I'm A Chocoholic - Choccy Munchy Seeds with Apricots

You all know by now that I love 2 kinds of foods more than any other, chocolate and snack foods, so you can imagine how excited I was to discover the new Choccy Munchy Seeds.  They are a delicious mixture of pumpkin and sunflower seeds and pieces of apricot coated in a luxurious combination of dark and milk Belgian chocolate.
They look a little bit like a combination of carob and milk chocolate raisins when you first see them.  They sure do look as though the chocolate is good though, it's all shiny and nice!  I'm not really sure if I should eat them one by one or if I should just shove a handful in...
...Well, you know what they say, if in doubt do both!
I ate an apricot bit first, it was nice, the chocolate was dark with a perfect mix of bitter and sweet.  The sunflower seeds are coated in milk chocolate and that is really good too.  Very good quality chocolate too.  The pumpkin seeds are coated in the same dark chocolate as the apricot pieces.  I am so far impressed, I wonder if they will taste the same if I cram a handful into my greedy mouth! YUM!  That tastes even better.  The flavour and textures work really well together and they compliment each other wonderfully.  I'm really liking these.  They are chocolaty, delicious and good for me all at the same time, how can I feel guilty if I eat the whole packet to myself?  I just can't, can I?

Things covered in chocolate, how can that be good for you?  Well, both sunflower and pumpkin seeds are excellent sources of Iron, Vitamin E and other minerals that can help to strengthen the body’s defenses against nasties.  They also help to produce energy because they are packed full of nutrient boosting good things such as protein and fibre which help to nourish your body throughout the day and replenish your drained energy they can also help to keep your heart healthy too! Choccy Munchy Seeds are also totally free from artificial colours and flavourings, Gluten and Cholesterol so they are suitable for Vegetarians and Coeliacs alike.

Now the bag is empty I have come to the conclusion that they are really tasty and aside from being a great snack, they would be excellent in cakes, biscuits and flapjacks.  They would also make a great snack for the kids, they probably would have liked them, had I not have eaten them all! 

So here's the big question, where can you buy a pack?  Well, Munchy Seeds are available in 50g bags, 200g pots and 500g pots and they are available in the shop at The Munchy Seeds Website and are also available in Tesco Extra, Waitose, Booths and LakeLand stores nationwide.  The price is rather good and the 50g snack packs are only RRP £1.50  Just in case you're interested, Munchy Seeds are also available in several non-chocolate covered varieties!

5 comments:

Claire Toplis said...

@needaphone I like the sound of these I think I'll try them x

matahema said...

sounds yummy!

Naomi K said...

Sorry but these definitely wouldn't be my kind of snack! I can't stand dried fruit so I wouldn't chance it. They'd be a bit like Revels trying not to get the orange flavour (but with the apricots). Great review though! :)

KT said...

These sound delicious! Chocolate and snacks are my 2 favourite things too :-) xx

mummy24 said...

i think they sound quite nice!

copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...